I’m Elaine, a California-based illustrator. I love the Beauty and the Beast trope, monster men, and the tortured psyche that corrupts our souls.
I graduated with a degree in Psychology and nearly sent off my application to law school. The whole process filled me with unhappiness that I couldn’t explain at the time, and I took a year off to find out what I really wanted to do. I discovered art.
I became a concept artist for theme parks and virtual reality experiences. After a few years of working on other people’s stories, I wanted to tell my own.
My background in psychology has greatly informed my work, where the smallest prop and the slightest gesture indicates a particular state of mind. I hope people find catharsis in my paintings as much as I do.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get in touch!
- Illustrating The Tempest and the Fire, a Beauty and the Beast retelling of my own.
- Finish publishing the Final Fantasy Villains series.
- Continuing Sketch Tuesdays, a no-pressure day where I let go and draw whatever. Currently creating a gemstone series!
- Creating a bunch of extra art content for Patreon.
- Zipping around the country doing Artist Alleys at comic/anime conventions. Here’s my schedule:
March 29, 2019 - March 31, 2019
April 19, 2019 - April 21, 2019
Anime Central (ACEN)
May 17, 2019 - May 19, 2019
May 24, 2019 - May 27, 2019
Denver Comic Con
May 31, 2019 - June 2, 2019
July 4, 2019 - July 7, 2019
San Diego Comic Con
July 18, 2019 - July 21, 2019
Rose City Comic Con
September 13, 2019 - September 15, 2019
November 22, 2019 - November 24, 2019